Areej has 16 years of experience in the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy. She has completed a PhD in Clinical Biomechanics, a BSc in both Physiotherapy and Sports and Exercise Science and multiple Diplomas including Non-Medical Prescribing, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Injection Therapy, Acupuncture, Orthopaedic Medicine, the McKenzie Method and Sports and Remedial Massage. She has worked with both amateur as well as professional athletes, including the Northern League Netball Team and the Olympic Women’s Waterpolo team.
Her greatest desire is to empower people in their recovery by helping them understand their physical anatomy, the potential causes of injury and the steps that can be taken to aid healing.
Areej has extended experience in carrying out diagnostic ultrasound scans and/or Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures. She is able to deal with complex conditions, such as:
- Ultrasound-guided Sacro-Iliac joint (SI joint) Injections
- High volume injections to the non-insertional Achilles tendinopathies
- Hydro distension or Hydrodilatation injections for Frozen Shoulder
- Barbotage for calcific supraspinatus tendinopathy
- Hyaluronic acid (gel) injections
To book an appointment or for more information
Find HomePhysio247 and follow us on social media